Great Pond Waterfront, near Rome and Belgrade, Maine, supports a good smallmouth bass fishery that is quite popular for fishing. In fact, Northern pike, which were illegally introduced in the Belgrade Lakes system, are now present in large numbers. Therefore, fishing for this exotic species has become very popular, especially during the winter months.
The largest body of water in the Belgrade Chain of Lakes, beautiful Great Pond is found amongst the farmlands and hills of the wooded Belgrade area. Because it is so big, you will enjoy a wide variety of activities, no matter your interests. Family time, swimming, boating from the state-owned boat launch, angling, and much more. Since there are so many attractions and amenities, the area is ideal for both full-time living and vacationing.
Great Pond is the largest of the Belgrade Lakes and forms the boundary between Rome to the north and Belgrade to the south. Tributaries Rome Trout Brook and Robbins Mill Stream enter the north end of Great Pond. Great Pond overflows westward approximately 1,100 yards to the east side of Long Pond north of the narrows. Although Great Pond is more than twice as deep as the previous lakes in the chain, it also becomes uniformly warm through the summer and unsuitable for native trout or salmon.
What is my next step in finding out about Great Pond Waterfront?
Please call the experts at Androvise Realty to learn more about this pond and the exciting properties on its shores. Or visit Androvise Realty on line today. We also encourage to look through the links on our web page, where you will find a lot of information on available opportunities. Since we are here to help, you can call any time, we are here to help! At Androvise, we have extensive knowledge and commitment to providing only the best and most timely information to our clients. So, we are your go-to source for real estate industry insight and advice.
Rome Maine Waterfront listings
- Home For Sale In Rome, Maine (RealtyWW) $839,000 - Great Pond Cottage on Mountain Drive! If you have waited to find just the right cottage on Great Pond, this well maintained and charming Maine cottage with its own 136 feet of private lakefront should be on your must see list! The cottage has traditional pine walls and flooring, with exposed beams above. Open concept design with lots of windows for that beautiful view of the lake. Recently renovated with Anderson windows. First floor bedroom. Bathroom with washer/dryer. Two sleeping loftswith plenty of room for extra beds for friends and family to come and visit. Two docks, lakefront deck, and two moorings included. The main section of the larger dock has a drawbridge style system to lift it out of the lake for the winter. Large storage building could fit your canoe or kayaks. This lakefront lot comes with a large lot across the road too! Come relax by the lake, listen to the loons, kayak, canoe, or fish! There are so many things to do and explore on Great Pond.
- 13 South Crane Lane (Americanlisted) $599,000 - .74 acres, 180 ft waterfront w/ sandy beach. Lovely lake views from every room. Water sports paradise
- 1 bedroom in Rome Maine 04963 (Listanza) $165,000 - OLE52590654 - BELGRADE LAKES This 1BR/1BA camp on a private 1AC lot with over 600' of waterfront
- Home For Sale In Rome, Maine (RealtyWW) $165,000 - BELGRADE LAKES This 1BR/1BA camp on a private 1AC lot with over 600' of waterfront on Watson Brook
Belgrade Maine Waterfront listings
- Plot For Sale In Belgrade, Maine (RealtyWW) $160,000 - 258 ft of Great Pond Waterfront access, a club house, and tennis courts, docks, beach, mooring sites